Wednesday, December 13, 2023

DAY 4 OF 8 DAYS AT SEA



The at sea days are not very exciting.  Today being another one of those.  We had a quiet night last night without any pitching and rolling about and woke up to a lovely day.  The weather was very warm and it was actually too hot to sit out on the balcony for more than a couple of minutes.

A new Scrabble game made an appearance in the game room so Brenda and I were able to have a game.  It was a good game.  I think we play similarly and that always makes for a good game.  We also played a couple of the usual 2 player card games that can pass the time.



The decorations around the ship are really becoming more prevalent.  Each day something new makes an appearance.  There are beautiful displays in each of the dining rooms that appear to be made of marzipan, gingerbread, icing, lights and lot of imagination.  They are fun to look at.  I usually have my camera or my phone handy to snap pictures of any new decorations that appear.



This afternoon the pool deck was very busy with lots of pool time, sun bathing time and just people enjoying the heat today.  I imagine as we sail further west and south that we will see more sunshine and warmer temperatures.  Then, Brenda and I will need to acclimatize ourselves when we get home.  Home might be sunny...but it won't be very warm.  

Home is looking pretty good right now.  I think that 16 days is too long for me now.  I guess I am becoming more of a homebody.  Not exactly homesick, just looking forward to home, family and friends.  I even feel that the food is all starting to taste the same.  Dare I say that I miss my own cooking?  I think I do!

The TV selections are rather dismal.  There is one channel that plays movies, one channel that offers a selection of TV shows (you can’t choose, it is only what is being broadcast) could be a cartoon, Shark Tank, Gilligan’s Island, The Office or Blackish.  Then there are other channels:  MSNBC, BBC or Fox News and a few of different languages.  Wow I can’t wait to get back to our room in the evening to sit back and watch the telly!  Guess they really want you out and about an not in your cabin.

So only a few more days to go until we begin our flight home.  We’ll see what tomorrow has in store for us.



No comments: