Tuesday, December 12, 2023

DAY 3 OF 8 DAYS AT SEA

Last night, the ship was really rocking and rolling.  We awoke to the sound of the sliding bathroom door banging first one way and they back the other.  The magnetic closure wasn’t strong enough to prevent the door from coming undone.  Other noises had us rooting around to see if suitcases were moving around in the closet and opening and closing cupboard doors in case something was rattling. After investigating, we determined that the rattling, banging and squeaking was just the ship noises.  Needless to say it was not the most restful night.  Brenda stuffed pillows in the bathroom door track and that stopped the worst of the noise.

In the morning, most of the conversation around the ship was about how rough it was.  I am very grateful that neither of us are bothered by that.  There is always a ready supply of green apples available.  From what people are saying, it really helps for sea sickness.  For me, eating a green apple would bother me more, however, I guess if I felt sea sick, I would try to choke one down.

    

In Ponta Delgado yesterday, the ladies from Colorado introduced me to a really neat app that can use your camera to translate something.  So I tried it on the sugar packets in the restaurant.  This app will also translate a sentence you are trying to say and even say it for you.  Could come in quite handy.

Our day at sea was spent playing more Skip Bo with our ship friends.  We get along so well.  It is very nice to have these times together.  This game is so similar to one I have played with 2 regular decks of playing cards so it wasn't difficult to learn.  Good game for 2 or 4.



 




I also wandered around taking pictures of the beautiful light fixtures.  Some of them hang down two or three decks and the sparkle is magnificent.  There was one pink and white one I was looking for to get a picture of.  After two days of looking, I realized that it is the main one and changes colour.  It can be white, turquoise or pink.  It is quite spectacular.  

Tonight we watched movies on our TV.  We saw a cartoon version of A Christmas Carol with the voice of Jim Carrey followed by Elf – one of my favourites.  The seas aren’t so active tonight, but we will stuff the pillows in the door track just in case.

No comments: