Thursday, December 14, 2023

THIS IS THE END FOR NOW

I think this will be the last post from our days at sea.  There is not much that is different or changing so I will talk about all the little things.  Laundry has been done a couple of times and it will be great to go home with mostly clean clothes.  The seem to do a fabulous job, but they put a label in all your clothes.  This is fine until the scratchy little thing you forgot to remove is poking you in a place you don’t want to touch when you are out in public.  Of course that is when it decides to poke you.  Would be nice if they were thinner and less pokey.


Interesting feature of this ship is that you can view the bridge from a room in behind.  You can't interact with the crew doing their job, but it is interesting to look out through the big windows up front.  It is strictly forbidden to take pictures, but I stood back and snapped a quick one that really doesn't have any detail - but gives you an idea.


We had another day of huge swells.  Playing cards on deck 5 the wave hit the top of the window.  The bang was quite loud and the splash was amazing.  One man was standing at the window when it hit.  What a surprise he got!  We were playing the card game golf.  I had forgotten about that one.  It is a lot of fun for 4 players.  

Magnet seems to be fixed on the bathroom sliding door.  If it stays rocky, it shouldn’t be slamming and banging any more.  Tonight will be a good test of that.  Hmm huge swells and entering the Bermuda Triangle…the skies are looking nasty and the white caps and swells are plentiful.  It is going to be rough seas tonight.  The weather map seems to indicate the rest of the way could be rough.

I don’t think I mentioned that the carpet on the ship has little fish swimming.  They are always pointing to the front of the ship.  So as soon step into the hallway, you’re aware of the direction you are heading.  It was very helpful for the first few days, now I don’t need them to point me in the right direction, but I enjoy looking at them.

Now as we are nearing the end of the cruise, I am happy to report that we are happy and healthy and hoping to remain that way.  It was a good time and we remain friends – that is good and very important.  I have begun to pack things into my suitcase to prepare for the final departure.  See you soon!

No comments: