Sunday, December 10, 2023

LISBON FROM MY BALCONY

Sailing into Lisbon was beautiful.  The buildings looked different than what we have seen in our other stops.  It looks newer and more modern buildings painted with creams and pastels.  Must be lovely in the summertime.

Although I really wanted to go ashore here, I decided that I will stay on the ship and let Brenda be my eyes today.  Needless to say, I took lots of pictures sailing in and out.  It was a decent day today weather wise.  Brenda said it wasn’t far to the main square and she was able to walk there with little difficulty.  She walked a lot!  The pictures I am putting in this blog post, I don't know much about them but they are views sailing in and out.

I decided to purchase the internet for the remainder of the trip and then have a manicure as compensation for missing this port.  I sure hope after today and another day at sea I will be able to walk around Ponta Delgada which is still a part of Portugal.  Although still walking gingerly, I feel I will be able to do that.  

After trying to get the keyboard working on the tablet, I have given up.  I find that I am getting really good at typing on the screen keyboard.  Born out of necessity for sure!  Funny though when the actual keyboard is attached, I still go those keys first – so it is now detached and I don’t have to look at it in frustration.

Brenda came back tired from all her walking and showed me the things she had purchased at a better Christmas market than we had seen so far.  She bought some lovely items made of cork.  Portugal is known for the cork: purses, shoes, fabric and more.  I will be looking for some when I go ashore in Ponta Delgado.   

She shared some of the photos that she took of the city.  It sure looked lovely.  The shopping was good too.




No comments: